Sunday, October 21, 2012

Oops

So yesterday I let life happen and forgot to post.  I will double my posts today so that I am not behind.

Last night I went out on a date with my boyfriend.  I know. Cheesy... but I had a blast!  We went to Kona Grill, had some awesome sushi, and got a free appetizer because the waiter screwed up.  Also I ran into one of my students who is a waiter there.  He brought us our miso soup.

Surprise!...student.

The reason I know he is one of my students is because he is pretty much the only one out of the 266 that answers questions in class.  He was the guy that everyone wanted to study with after the midterm review. He is a good kid.  I don't know his name but, he is a good kid.

It is weird to be living in your happy personal life and then out of no where be reminded that you have a work life as well.  It is the first time that has happened to me.  Usually, roles are reversed and I as the student have run into a professor off campus.  I found myself being more conscious of my actions then I would normally, knowing that I was being watched. (Look at me being paranoid.)


After dinner Kev and I went to the movie theatre and watched Argo.  I really enjoyed that film.  There was an equal amount of comedy and tension that I found entertaining.  It is really odd to watch a film that you know the end to but still feel the "will they, won't they" tension of getting out of Iran alive.

Well done Ben Affleck.

This is a weird side note. As I was leaving the theatre, felt for the first time ever, afraid of being a U.S. citizen.  I have always been confident and proud of my status as an American and felt that being a U.S citizen could only help me in extreme international situations.  Now, after recent events in Libya and seeing that American citizens were held for 444 days in captivity I am not so sure.


1 comment: