Sunday, November 4, 2012

ASTR and a Baby Shower

It is November 4th and I haven't blogged for 4 days.  I am sorry if you missed me but I was out of town, didn't bring my laptop and you cant really blog all that well from an iPad.

ASTR was fantastic.  I met and re-met lots of smart and interesting people and made a few new facebook friends.  I am so grateful that I was able to attend this year.  My woking group was also very productive and successful.  I had a blast.

Emily, Amber, and I out to lunch this past Friday.
Nashville on the other hand was kind of ... meh.   Our hotel was not the greatest and as some of you may know getting there in the first place was a trial. A cancelled flight and chaos at the airport is not the way to travel but the flights home was much better.  There were some interesting sites but this building

Mystery Building
was the most interesting.  The building is part white and part black.  The black at the very end is not shadow on the building but the color of the actual building.  I am not sure what this building is called or what it is used for but its neat.

We had lunch at this little place called 417 Union.  It was delicious.



417 Union

After flying home early this morning, I was able to attend the baby shower of my new PhD. friend Brook.  Her daughter is destined to be a fairy, princess, cowgirl, pirate so we dressed her up as exactly that.  




I wish I had more coherent things to say but I don't think I have fully processed everything about ASTR yet and I am so tired from waking up at 4am this morning that I just need sleep so that I can be smart.

Talk to you after I have slept some.

-E






No comments:

Post a Comment